If you've never been to a clothing swap before, it's a fun, ecological way to get new-to-you clothes and get rid of unwanted stuff.
Here's how it works...
- Clean out your closets: clothes, shoes, accessories, jewelry, etc. Bring whatever you don't wear or don't want anymore.
- If possible, wash the clothes and bring the dressier items on hangers. Put the rest in bags or boxes and bring them all to the party.
- At the party, lay out your clothes on the table. Then help yourself to all the clothes and accessories that other folks brought. It's just like a free thrift store!
- Things get lost easily, so leave all your personal valuables at home.
- There will be mirrors in the living room to try stuff on. No boys allowed, just us girls around while we're changing.
- One of the keys to the success of a great clothing swap party is as many girls as possible in all shapes and sizes. So bring your friends! All items left over after the free-for-all will be donated to charity.
- You can also bring small household items such as books, kitchen accessories, candles, etc. Anything usable that you want to get rid of.
Sorry, this party is ladies only, no boys.